1 Ch 12:32 Of the sons of Issachar, men who understood the times, with knowledge of what Israel should do, their chiefs were two hundred; and all their kinsmen were at their command.

The sons of Issachar were intelligent men, who understood the signs of the times, well versed in political affairs, and knew what was proper to be done in all the exigencies of human life; and who now perceived that it was both the duty and political interest of Israel to advance David to the throne.Today we seek sons and daughters of Issachar, men and women who understand the times we are living in and know what is to be done in all the exigencies of human life to advance King Jesus to His throne.

This blog is devoted to seeking Biblical truth related to current world events.


Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Praying Like Jesus Prayed

  

Praying Like Jesus Prayed - How Did Jesus Pray?

d     10/19/21

[Mat 4:10 ESV] Then Jesus said to him, "Be gone, Satan! For it is written, "'You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.'"

Short, full of authority and power. Quoted scripture.

[Mat 6:9 ESV] Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.

[Mat 6:10 ESV] Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

[Mat 6:11 ESV] Give us this day our daily bread,

[Mat 6:12 ESV] and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

[Mat 6:13 ESV] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Teaching His disciples how to pray.

[Mat 11:25 ESV] At that time Jesus declared, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children;

Gives thanks to the Father. Jesus’ prayers were full of thanksgiving.

[Mat 11:26 ESV] yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.

Declares the Father’s will.

[Mat 26:36 ESV] Then Jesus went with them to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to his disciples, "Sit here, while I go over there and pray."

Prayed by Himself apart from others.

[Mat 26:39 ESV] And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will."

[Mat 26:42 ESV] Again, for the second time, he went away and prayed, "My Father, if this cannot pass unless I drink it, your will be done."

[Mat 26:44 ESV] So, leaving them again, he went away and prayed for the third time, saying the same words again.

Expressed His human instinct to avoid pain and trouble but pledged to do the Father’s will.

[Mat 27:46 ESV] And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" that is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

[Mar 4:39 ESV] And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, "Peace! Be still!" And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

Short, direct, expresses authority over nature.

[Mar 5:8 ESV] For he was saying to him, "Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!"

A direct, simple command full of authority and power.

[Mar 5:41 ESV] Taking her by the hand he said to her, "Talitha cumi," which means, "Little girl, I say to you, arise."

Raised the dead with 5 words.

[Mar 7:34 ESV] And looking up to heaven, he sighed and said to him, "Ephphatha," that is, "Be opened."

One word prayer.

[Mar 8:33 ESV] But turning and seeing his disciples, he rebuked Peter and said, "Get behind me, Satan! For you are not setting your mind on the things of God, but on the things of man."

Discerned the influence of Satan and showed His authority and power over Satan himself.

[Mar 9:25 ESV] And when Jesus saw that a crowd came running together, he rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, "You mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him and never enter him again."

A direct command to cast a demon out of a person.

[Mar 9:29 ESV] And he said to them, "This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer."

Revealed that there is a level of a hierarchy of demonic power, some powerful demons require prayer and sometimes fasting as well as a command to come out.

[Mar 14:32 ESV] And they went to a place called Gethsemane. And he said to his disciples, "Sit here while I pray."

[Mar 14:36 ESV] And he said, "Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."

[Mar 14:39 ESV] And again he went away and prayed, saying the same words.

[Mar 15:34 ESV] And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?" which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Luk 4:35 ESV] But Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be silent and come out of him!" And when the demon had thrown him down in their midst, he came out of him, having done him no harm.

Jesus commands a demon to be silent.

[Luk 5:24 ESV] But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"--he said to the man who was paralyzed--"I say to you, rise, pick up your bed and go home."

Jesus showed His authority to forgive sins by healing a paralyzed man.

[Luk 7:14 ESV] Then he came up and touched the bier, and the bearers stood still. And he said, "Young man, I say to you, arise."

[Luk 8:29 ESV] For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. (For many a time it had seized him. He was kept under guard and bound with chains and shackles, but he would break the bonds and be driven by the demon into the desert.)

[Luk 8:54 ESV] But taking her by the hand he called, saying, "Child, arise."

Two words.

[Luk 9:42 ESV] While he was coming, the demon threw him to the ground and convulsed him. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit and healed the boy, and gave him back to his father.

Jesus rebukes the demon and heals at the same time.

[Luk 10:21 ESV] In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.

Thanking the Father.

[Luk 22:42 ESV] saying, "Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done."

[Luk 22:44 ESV] And being in agony he prayed more earnestly; and his sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

[Luk 23:34 ESV] And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." And they cast lots to divide his garments.

[Luk 23:43 ESV] And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise."

Forgives the thief at the last moment and promises him paradise.

[Luk 23:46 ESV] Then Jesus, calling out with a loud voice, said, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!" And having said this he breathed his last.

[Jhn 11:41 ESV] So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me.

[Jhn 11:43 ESV] When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out."

Three words to raise the dead.

[Jhn 12:27 ESV] "Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? But for this purpose I have come to this hour.

[Jhn 12:28 ESV] Father, glorify your name." Then a voice came from heaven: "I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again."

The Father responds to the Lord’s prayer.

 

Jesus’ High Priestly Prayer

[Jhn 17:1 ESV] When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you,

[Jhn 17:2 ESV] since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him.

[Jhn 17:3 ESV] And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

[Jhn 17:4 ESV] I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do.

[Jhn 17:5 ESV] And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

[Jhn 17:6 ESV] "I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word.

[Jhn 17:7 ESV] Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you.

[Jhn 17:8 ESV] For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me.

[Jhn 17:9 ESV] I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours.

[Jhn 17:10 ESV] All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and I am glorified in them.

[Jhn 17:11 ESV] And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.

[Jhn 17:12 ESV] While I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given me. I have guarded them, and not one of them has been lost except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.

[Jhn 17:13 ESV] But now I am coming to you, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

[Jhn 17:14 ESV] I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

[Jhn 17:15 ESV] I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one.

[Jhn 17:16 ESV] They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

[Jhn 17:17 ESV] Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

[Jhn 17:18 ESV] As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.

[Jhn 17:19 ESV] And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth.

[Jhn 17:20 ESV] "I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,

[Jhn 17:21 ESV] that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

[Jhn 17:22 ESV] The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,

[Jhn 17:23 ESV] I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.

[Jhn 17:24 ESV] Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.

[Jhn 17:25 ESV] O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me.

[Jhn 17:26 ESV] I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."

Following the Lord’s example, If we prayed a prayer as Jesus prayed in His High Priestly Prayer to the Father as ambassadors of Christ and His priests on this earth, what might that be like? This is my attempt at praying a prayer like this.

 Father, we your children desire to glorify your Son that you may be glorified on this earth. We thank you for giving Jesus’ authority over all flesh, and for giving eternal life to all whom you have given Him. Thank you that your church can glorify you by accomplishing the work that you gave to us to do. We so desire to behold your glory and the glory of your son that you had before the world existed and to bring you glory on this earth.

Father, we thank you for the privilege of manifesting your name to the world and for the many souls that have come to you as we preach the gospel and tell the world of the Messiah Jesus who you sent to be a sacrifice for the sins of all men. Thank you for giving us the words to speak that caused them to know the truth that Jesus came from you, and they have believed that you sent Him. Thank you not only for those that have received Jesus as their Lord and Savior but also for those that are yet to believe.

Thank you, Father, that we the church are no longer in the world but have our citizenship in your Kingdom. Thank you for giving us your Holy Spirit to empower us and make us all one that we can be one with each other and one with you in the Holy Spirit. Father we the church long for the day that you will send Jesus to catch up His bride that we may see Him face to face and be with Him and you forever that our joy may be full. And thank you for being with us now, keeping us safe and secure in your presence, and for our future destiny in your Kingdom as the bride of Christ as we represent you now in this fallen world.

I encourage you the reader to pray your own priestly prayer to our Father in Heaven following the Lord’s example.

 

How did Jesus deal with demons?

[Mar 1:25 ESV] But Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be silent, and come out of him!"

[Mar 1:26 ESV] And the unclean spirit, convulsing him and crying out with a loud voice, came out of him.

[Mar 1:27 ESV] And they were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves, saying, "What is this? A new teaching with authority! He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey him."

[Mar 5:8 ESV] For he was saying to him, "Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!"

[Mar 9:25 ESV] And when Jesus saw that a crowd came running together, he rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, "You mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him and never enter him again."

[Mar 9:29 ESV] And he said to them, "This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer."

[Luk 4:35 ESV] But Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be silent and come out of him!" And when the demon had thrown him down in their midst, he came out of him, having done him no harm.

[Luk 8:29 ESV] For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. (For many a time it had seized him. He was kept under guard and bound with chains and shackles, but he would break the bonds and be driven by the demon into the desert.)

[Luk 9:42 ESV] While he was coming, the demon threw him to the ground and convulsed him. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit and healed the boy, and gave him back to his father.

 

The Apostles pray for healing and casting out demons

[Act 16:18 ESV] And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her." And it came out that very hour.

[Act 3:6 ESV] But Peter said, "I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!"

[Act 9:34 ESV] And Peter said to him, "Aeneas, Jesus Christ heals you; rise and make your bed." And immediately he rose.

[Act 19:12 ESV] so that even handkerchiefs or aprons that had touched his skin were carried away to the sick, and their diseases left them and the evil spirits came out of them.

[Mar 9:26 ESV] And after crying out and convulsing him terribly, it came out, and the boy was like a corpse, so that most of them said, "He is dead."

[Mar 16:17 ESV] And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;

[Luk 9:1 ESV] And he called the twelve together and gave them power and authority over all demons and to cure diseases,

[Luk 10:17 ESV] The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!"

[Luk 10:19 ESV] Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.

[Col 2:15 ESV] He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.

[Mar 3:14 ESV] And he appointed twelve (whom he also named apostles) so that they might be with him and he might send them out to preach

[Mar 3:15 ESV] and have authority to cast out demons.

[Mar 6:13 ESV] And they cast out many demons and anointed with oil many who were sick and healed them.

[Mar 16:17 ESV] And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;

 

Dealing with Unclean Spirits (demons)

[Mat 12:43 ESV] "When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, but finds none.

[Mat 12:44 ESV] Then it says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.' And when it comes, it finds the house empty, swept, and put in order.

[Mat 12:45 ESV] Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and dwell there, and the last state of that person is worse than the first. So also will it be with this evil generation."

[Mar 1:23 ESV] And immediately there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit. And he cried out,

[Mar 1:26 ESV] And the unclean spirit, convulsing him and crying out with a loud voice, came out of him.

[Mar 5:2 ESV] And when Jesus had stepped out of the boat, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit.

[Mar 5:8 ESV] For he was saying to him, "Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!"

[Mar 7:25 ESV] But immediately a woman whose little daughter had an unclean spirit heard of him and came and fell down at his feet.

[Mar 9:25 ESV] And when Jesus saw that a crowd came running together, he rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, "You mute and deaf spirit, I command you, come out of him and never enter him again."

[Luk 8:29 ESV] For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. (For many a time it had seized him. He was kept under guard and bound with chains and shackles, but he would break the bonds and be driven by the demon into the desert.)

[Luk 9:42 ESV] While he was coming, the demon threw him to the ground and convulsed him. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit and healed the boy, and gave him back to his father.

[Luk 11:24 ESV] "When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, and finding none it says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.'

 

Dealing with Demons (unclean spirits)

[Mat 8:28 ESV] And when he came to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men met him, coming out of the tombs, so fierce that no one could pass that way.

[Mat 8:31 ESV] And the demons begged him, saying, "If you cast us out, send us away into the herd of pigs."

[Mat 8:32 ESV] And he said to them, "Go." So they came out and went into the pigs, and behold, the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and drowned in the waters.

[Mat 9:32 ESV] As they were going away, behold, a demon-oppressed man who was mute was brought to him.

[Mat 9:33 ESV] And when the demon had been cast out, the mute man spoke. And the crowds marveled, saying, "Never was anything like this seen in Israel."

[Mat 12:22 ESV] Then a demon-oppressed man who was blind and mute was brought to him, and he healed him, so that the man spoke and saw.

[Mat 15:22 ESV] And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, "Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon."

[Mat 17:18 ESV] And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him, and the boy was healed instantly.

[Mar 5:15 ESV] And they came to Jesus and saw the demon-possessed man, the one who had had the legion, sitting there, clothed and in his right mind, and they were afraid.

[Mar 7:26 ESV] Now the woman was a Gentile, a Syrophoenician by birth. And she begged him to cast the demon out of her daughter.

[Mar 7:30 ESV] And she went home and found the child lying in bed and the demon gone.

[Luk 4:33 ESV] And in the synagogue there was a man who had the spirit of an unclean demon, and he cried out with a loud voice,

[Luk 4:35 ESV] But Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be silent and come out of him!" And when the demon had thrown him down in their midst, he came out of him, having done him no harm.

[Luk 8:29 ESV] For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. (For many a time it had seized him. He was kept under guard and bound with chains and shackles, but he would break the bonds and be driven by the demon into the desert.)

[Luk 8:36 ESV] And those who had seen it told them how the demon-possessed man had been healed.

[Luk 9:42 ESV] While he was coming, the demon threw him to the ground and convulsed him. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit and healed the boy, and gave him back to his father.

[Luk 11:14 ESV] Now he was casting out a demon that was mute. When the demon had gone out, the mute man spoke, and the people marveled.

 

Praying effective prayers

Pray like Jesus and the apostles did.

[Mat 6:5 ESV] "And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward.

[Mat 6:6 ESV] But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

[Mat 6:7 ESV] "And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.

[Mat 6:8 ESV] Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

[Mat 6:9 ESV] Pray then like this: "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.

[Mat 6:10 ESV] Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

[Mat 6:11 ESV] Give us this day our daily bread,

[Mat 6:12 ESV] and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

[Mat 6:13 ESV] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

[Eph 6:18 NLT] Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.

Jesus’ prayers were short, full of wisdom, discernment, authority and power, direct, precise and to the point. His disciples prayed in the same manner. In His name we carry His authority and power. He has given us the authority to bind and loose. He has given us authority over all demonic and the power of the enemy and to heal all kinds of sickness and disease. We should be following His example in our prayers.

[Mat 16:19 NKJV] "And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

[Luk 9:1 NKJV] Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases.

[Luk 10:19 NKJV] "Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

[Mat 10:1 NKJV] And when He had called His twelve disciples to [Him], He gave them power [over] unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease.

[Mat 10:8 NKJV] "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

[Mar 3:15 NKJV] and to have power to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons:

 

No comments: